Your dunia card is protected 24 x 7 by our Fraud Intelligence & Tracking System (FITS) using state of the art fraud detection technology to give you peace of mind when using dunia card.
In addition, we have some important tips to further help you to protect your credit card from theft and fraud.
Basic tips on protecting your credit card
- Sign the strip on the back of your credit card as soon as you receive it.
- Never let anyone use your credit card; including your family members. Instead, if needed you may want to request for an additional card for their use.
- Keep your credit card in a safe place, treat it like cash.
- Get your credit card back every time you use it.
- When making purchases, never lose sight of your card to reduce the chance of someone copying details of your card or it's magnetic stripe.
Credit card disposal
- Cut expired credit cards in half through the magnetic strip and then dispose of carefully.
- Dispose of credit card transaction and ATM receipts carefully.
- Even when returning card to us, cut it in half through the magnetic strip and obliterate the last 3 digits on the signature panel.
PIN protection tips
- Memorise your PIN - don't ever write it down.
- Never tell anyone your PIN.
- Don't choose a PIN that is easily associated with you e.g. your birth date.
- Don't let anyone see your PIN when using ATMs, shield PIN entry with your idle hand.
- Use a different PIN for different cards and change PINs regularly.
- Look out for suspicious devices on ATMs or Pinpads.
If your credit card is lost or stolen or your PIN is disclosed NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY.
Using your credit card online
- Make sure the online shop is reputable. Get more information if you are uncertain.
- Check that the online shop has a return and refunds policy.
- Use a secure browser connection when entering credit card details.
- Check for a locked padlock or unbroken key symbol at the bottom right of your browser window or that the website address starts with 'https'.
- Don't make your password easily identifiable and don't disclose it to anyone.
- Print out a copy of the transaction record for any online purchase you make.
Reducing credit card fraud
- Check your account balance regularly, and verify the transactions against your receipts.
- Call our 24-hour dunia customer contact center at 04 42-dunia (38642) if you suspect that your card has been used for fraudulent transactions.
- Keep your bag and belongings in a locked cupboard or drawer at work.
- Only give your credit card details when making a purchase.
- Never send your credit card number by email.
- Inform us in advance if you are traveling abroad.
- If you don't receive your statement or card, or your mail appears to have been tampered with please call us immediately.
Lost or stolen credit cards
- NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY if you your card is lost or stolen. Call our 24-hour dunia customer contact center at 04 42-dunia (38642).
Using your credit card for phone transactions
- Don't give your credit card number or PIN to any telephone caller.
- Only make phone credit card transactions when you have initiated the call to a company you are familiar with.
- Please note that we will never call you and ask for your card number, PIN, password or any other information.